Rendering transformations allow processing to be carried out on datasets within the GeoServer rendering pipeline. Transformations may transform data from one format into another (i.e vector to raster or vice-versa), to provide a more appropriate format for display.
Invoked on layers within SLD
- SLD takes parameters to drive the transform
- SLD rules & symbolizers for cartography
- Rendering Transforms implemented as WPS
Some of the types of rendering transforms available in GeoServer include ...
- Contour extracts contours from a DEM raster.
- RasterAsPointCollections extracts a vector field from a multi-band raster
- BarnesSurfaceInterpolation computes a contiguous surface from scattered data points.
- Heatmap computes a heatmap surface from weighted data points.
- PointStacker aggregates dense point data into clusters.