Thank you for using the Commonwealth of Massachusetts CommonWiki. We hope that this wiki will foster collaboration and make your work easier and more efficient.
- Other Sites Have Other Policies. For your convenience, CommonWiki contains hypertext or other links to external Internet sites that are not provided or maintained by the Commonwealth. Please note that the Commonwealth cannot guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of these external sites. In addition, the inclusion of links to non-governmental sites is not intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services offered, on these sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites. CommonWiki is intended to facilitate workplace collaboration and in some cases, may be used to facilitate dialogue between the public and the Commonwealth. While we encourage your comments, ideas and concerns, please note that when visiting CommonWiki, you are subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- User Accounts.* *To access some features of CommonWiki, some users may be granted a user account. You may never use another user's account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify the Commonwealth Designated Agent, as identified below, immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
Although the Commonwealth will not be liable for your losses suffered by you as a result of any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable to the Commonwealth or others for the losses of the Commonwealth or others due to such unauthorized use.
- Public Record and Copyright. Some of the material posted on the CommonWiki whether or not accessible to the public with use of an authenticating and authorizing mechanism (such as a "PIN" or password) is public record. Most of the public record information posted on Commonwealth Websites can be copied and used for any purpose. For example, all judicial opinions and all laws and regulations are public record. However, some of the public record material posted on the CommonWiki is also copyrighted material (for example, regulations based on technical codes developed and copyrighted by private organizations). With respect to any material in which the Commonwealth holds a copyright interest, the Commonwealth forbids any general public copying or use other than "fair use" under the Copyright Act. "Fair use" includes activities such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, research, and other related activities. In addition, please be advised that the Commonwealth makes use of materials (including, but not limited to, photographs) copyrighted by third parties, which also cannot be copied or used for use other than "fair use" without permission of the copyright owner. If you want to make use other than "fair use" of any copyrighted information on CommonWiki, you must seek permission directly from the copyright owner by contacting the Designated Agent, identified below. The only part of this site to which the copyright rules stated above do not apply is to non-Commonwealth entity users and invited guests. Users of and invited guests to CommonWiki agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to the rest of the world for their submissions to this site under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. A copy of this license is available online at http://creativecommons.org/licenses.
The CommonwealthofMassachusetts' Executive Department respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask users of our Web sites to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, the Commonwealth has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, users, subscribers, or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also at our sole discretion limit access to CommonWiki and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
- Notice and Procedure for Notifying Designated Agent of Claims of Copyright Infringement If you believe that any material on this Web site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, or that any link on this Web site directs users to another Web site that contains material that infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent as set forth below. Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to a Designated Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement. Our Designated Agent may be reached as follows:
Designated Agent:Bill Trevor
Address of Designated Agent:Information Technology Division, One Ashburton Place Room 1602, Boston,MA02108
Telephone Number of Designated Agent:617-626-4498
E-mail Address of Designated Agent:email@example.com
- No warranty, endorsement or liability.The Commonwealth makes no warranty that the materials contained within the CommonWiki are free from copyright claims, or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. The Commonwealth disclaims any liability for the improper or incorrect use of information obtained from the CommonWiki.
Any references to commercial entities, products, services, or other nongovernmental organizations or individuals that remain on the site are provided solely for the information of individuals using the CommonWiki. These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of the Governor, the CommonwealthofMassachusettsor its officers and employees concerning the significance, priority, or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service, or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying the Governor's or the CommonwealthofMassachusetts' endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service. Any advice offered by either Commonwealth or non-Commonwealth users or visitors is not to be considered professional advice (e.g. legal, medical, or financial). If you require professional advice, please seek out a professional who is licensed in the area of your particular interest.The CommonwealthofMassachusetts CommonWiki is in no way affiliated with the Wikipedia® websites or any other wiki-based website.The Commonwealth does not guarantee or warrant that any information posted by individuals on the CommonWiki is correct, and disclaims any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information. The Commonwealth may not be able to verify, does not warrant or guarantee, and assumes no liability for anything posted on the CommonWiki by any other person. The views expressed on the CommonWiki do not necessarily reflect the official views of the Commonwealth.The Commonwealth disclaims any and all express or implied warranties for materials, graphics, information, products, or processes contained on or within the CommonWiki, including without limitation warranty of fitness o WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, RESULT, EFFORT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- No waiver; Laws, Regulations, and Policies Take Precedence.The content published on this website is subordinate to, and is not to be interpreted as an amendment to or waiver of , the Federal and State laws, regulations and policies applicable to the matters addressed in the site's content.
- CommonwealthofMassachusetts Law and Jurisdiction.The content on the CommonWiki are for the use and benefit of the citizens of the CommonwealthofMassachusetts. Any dispute arising from a person using, attempting to use, or visiting the information or other materials on the CommonWiki will be governed exclusively by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any user of or visitor to the CommonWiki is subject to the jurisdiction of the state courts of the Commonwealth Massachusetts.